I know I know it’s been a while but like everyone else the covid years messed with us and we were doing what everyone else was doing – figuring our shit out and reevaluating our priorities! I’ll tell you what we haven’t done – we haven’t stopped riding 🙂
We have actually been riding a fair amount since our last update.2020 and the majority of 2021 saw us riding extensively through Ontario – what an absolutely beautiful province we live in. The diversity from the North to the South and East to the West always takes me off guard. If you haven’t ridden northern Ontario yet get your tail bag packed and get up there – it’s breathtaking.
We had planned to ride to the East coast of Canada and then swing down to the US to come home in the summer of 2020 – that plan was put on hold and we finally did our trip in Aug/Sept of 2021. There was lots of laughter, seafood, km’s traveled and a little change of plan do to a tire issue but all in all it was a great time.
2022 saw us riding more in the US than we ever have before. I think we just needed someplace different with how much we ride – we’ve ridden our area a lot! From day trips in Upstate New York, too long weekends away exploring the Windy 9 in OH and dipping into Kentucky and riding the Country Music Highway. W even marked another Great Lake off of our list – Lake Erie Circle Tour Soon we’ll add some individual post about these trips but for now I just wanted to catch you up a little.
A few other things that have been going on;
- I sold my bike – I bought a new bike
- I went back to work full time – my schedule changed to 10hr days 4 days a week so I now have every Friday off
- Andy’s still working from home – which he likes although what he’s doing has changed up
- Andy’s been putting in time working on his project bike which makes him happy
- We are currently planning our summer bike trips – our big trip will be The Blue Ridge Parkway, Nashville, Memphis and then likely back up through Kentucky as we really liked that area last summer and want to explore it more. We are also planning a long weekend to The Chicago area to visit family.
Some pictures from our travels…..
I grew up in small town Ontario so of course there were a couple of motorcycles in the drive house. The only problem was that I didn’t ride them I was only a passenger.
It wasn’t until I met me husband, Andy, that I spent any real time on a bike. We had a bike (Yamaha XJ750) before the kids arrived. However, after the kids came along we just didn’t have time to ride anymore so we sold it. There’s nothing worse than a bike sitting around and not being ridden!
Fast forward twenty years and we were once again cruising around on two wheels. Almost five years later and the only thing that’s changed is I now ride my own bike. If only I had understood how awesome it was to ride my own bike I would have done this years ago.